List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: About combining multiple freebsd
From:       Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik () gmx ! li>
Date:       2011-08-19 17:19:50

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:08:47 +0200, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> On 19.08.2011 15:34, Siarzhuk Zharski wrote:
>> Are there any objections about the following improvements into
>> Haiku's
>> freebsd network compatibility layer?
> [...]
>> Are there any suggestions too?
>
> Since Haiku modules can export any numbers of device drivers, I can't
> see why FreeBSD drivers shouldn't be allowed to do the same.

Yes they can. (c) We have to expand a bit our compatibility "framework"
in some way. And note that this saves us about 100 kilobytes of image
space pro every [Franken]driver. ;-)

> I'd say your solution looks adequate, so go for it. Best if you could
> test some other drivers you change, too :-)

Of course. At least rtl81xx one has no connection problems with
modified compat libs.

> This might also be a solution to the ipro1000 problem, right?

Exact. I have already tried this. Unfortunately "igb" one doesn't
compile silently and requires lot of additional stuff should be defined
in the compatibility layer. :-\

--
Kind Regards,
    S.Zharski