List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: Optional Library Package
From:       Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-10-27 19:32:03

On 2010-10-27 at 20:05:56 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would I be correct in assuming I could create an OptionalLibPackages
> (or similarly named file) like was done with OptionalTestPackages, add
> all of these libs to it, and add an entry for it in HaikuImage near
> line 633?

That'd be fine.

> Was any consensus reached at BeGiestert on the Alpha3 date?

I might have missed it, but there wasn't much talking about alpha 3 at all.
I believe most people agree that it would be nice to have the Wifi user
interface finished first. Though the one working on it (Axel) doesn't have
that much time ATM.

> Should I
> work on putting together these libs now or is the Alpha3 right around
> the corner and thus perhaps I should hold off for now?

No concrete date for the release has been set yet. But I don't see that
adding more optional packages or refactoring the jamfiles would interfere
with the release anyway. So just go ahead.

CU, Ingo