List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Introduction
From:       "David Powell" <david () mad ! scientist ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 10:43:02

Hi all,

I'd like to submit a (minor) patch, but thought I'd better introduce myself
first.

My name is David Powell. I first started using BeOS when R4 was released for
Intel machines.
During the time I used to use BeOS, I wrote a couple of silly small
applications, and ported
a whole bunch of Linux SDL based games. My final project was porting the
game Elastomania to BeOS,
which was released/funded by the BeGroovy guys.
After Be was bought by Palm I reluctantly switched to other platforms.

I've been following the Haiku project since the beginning, though only
lurking.

I'd like to thank all of the devs for some quite amazing work. I never
thought I'd get the
opportunity to use a BeOS (clone) again. I see that in many areas, Haiku
already surpasses
the functionality of BeOS, which is a fantastic achievement.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling,
I'll get back to doing something useful,

David Powell.