List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    Hello and my first request for help: courses.
From:       SysAdm CID <sysadm.cid () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-07 1:57:25

Hi, I hope this question is appropriate for this forum. If not, please
advise. Total beginner here.

I just finished a free introductory Hadoop course at a very popular online
school, it was very didactic and was good to get me started. But it was
based on a very old version of Hadoop (2.6.0), and many of the examples
didn't work with my test machine. (Good thing they provided a free online
cluster) I had to fudge the command line syntax all the time when testing
locally, and when trying a Java MapReduce example the dependencies were all
wrong.

Can you recommend some good courses (both admin and devel) based on 3.3.x,
or at least a version close enough to it to be compatible? Preferably
covering Hive and Impala too. Online would be best, but if I have to fly,
so be it.

Thanks in Advance,
Juan Carlos Castro