List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    Using LinkedHashMap with MapWritable
From:       madhu phatak <phatak.dev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-29 9:16:55

hi,
 Current implementation of MapWritable only support HashMap implementation.
But for my application I need a LinkedHashMap since order of keys is
important for me. I m trying to customize the MapWritable
to accommodate  custom implementation but whenever I make change to
Writable, all the sequence files written prior to the change, starts to
give EOF exceptions. In Hadoop, as I observed its not possible to change
writables once they r used to persist data into HDFS. Is there anyway
overcoming this limitation?