List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    RE: Sqoop Issue
From:       Akash Sharma <sharma101 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-27 3:03:40

Thanks John and Minh for sharing your thoughts and hepling provide the direction to \
resolve the issue.

I will add the connector as part of Hadoop Jar command. However there is one thought \
that crossed my mind as I was reading these emails.

My initial problem was related to connecting with Oracle DB using the Oracle RAC \
environment. I am still able to connect directly to the physical database however due \
to network issues between Access Node and DB, a routing deamon is unable to route the \
requests appropriately.

Are we sure we are really addressing the issue at hand? I mean I could definately \
discover if I can really use Oracle RAC connection URL as opposed to direct physical \
connection by writing the Java program. How will this new implementation be different \
from say sqoop tool which does not work when I source Oracle RAC url (proxy) instead \
of direct url.

Any help is appreciated.

-Akash