List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    Re: Scheduler Algorithm in Hadoop
From:       Arun C Murthy <acm () hortonworks ! com>
Date:       2011-09-27 23:26:05

Amal,

 Welcome to Hadoop!

 Currently we have two, very different, versions of MapReduce: MRv1 and MRv2.

 Most of the active developers on MapReduce are working on MRv2. If you want to take \
a look please see the sources under trunk/branch-0.23:  \
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/resourcemanager/scheduler

 For MRv1 you need to look at schedulers in branch-0.20-security:
 src/contrib/capacity-scheduler
 src/contrib/fairscheduler

Arun