List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    Re: Exporting From Hive
From:       Ayon Sinha <ayonsinha () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2011-07-28 20:06:54

This is for CLI

Use this:
set hive.cli.print.header=true;

Instead of doing this on the prompt everytime you can change your hive start command \
to: hive -hiveconf hive.cli.print.header=true

But be careful with this setting as quite a few commands stop working with NPE with \
this on. I think describe doesn't work.
-Ayon
See My Photos on Flickr
Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.