List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    Re: Error when running job as a different user
From:       "Norbert Burger" <norbert.burger () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-31 12:38:52

I ran into this problem also.  From your logs, it seems like you
haven't set mapred.system.dir to be a fixed variable:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#14.

The impact is that your job control files are written from your submit
machine into the HDFS at /tmp/hadoop-user2/mapred/system, while your
datanodes are looking for the info at /tmp/hadoop-user1/mapred/system.

Norbert