List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    RE: SequenceFile.Reader. Access denied
From:       "Ilya Vishnevsky" <Ilya.Vishnevsky () e-legion ! com>
Date:       2007-05-16 7:55:26

Yes, I'm using Windows. But I checked and made sure that none of
processes uses this file. Still I get this exception.
I tried this code on another computer (also with Windows), but result
was the same.
Maybe somebody could try to test this code on his Nutch? I would be very
grateful for this.

> Ilya Vishnevsky wrote:
>> Hi. I'm trying to read the crawl_generate sequence file from my
Nutch:

>> SequenceFile.Reader reader = new SequenceFile.Reader (fs, genPath,
>> conf);
>>
>> Here is the exception I get when I try to run my code:
>>
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> C:\webdb\aco\segments\20070515133433\crawl_generate (Access is
denied)

> You are using Windows (obviously). Unless this is a real issue with
> permissions (Administrator created this file and you're just a user),
> the problem may lie in file locking. Windows imposes this moronic
limit
> that you can't read a file that is in use by some other process. It's
> likely that some other process has opened this file in read-write
mode.