List:       hadoop-user
Subject:    How to use SequenceFile and MapFile classes in my own application without rest of Hadoop?
From:       JP Nutch <jpnutch () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-09-22 18:49:30

Hello,

  The SequenceFile and MapFile classes are just what I need to solve
  a specific problem I have in my application: store large key/value pairs
  on disk and lookup values from keys.

  However, I am not sure how to use them in my own code since many
  of the constructors/factory creation methods require a Configuration input
  argument, and how to setup this Configuration object is not documented.

  It would also be nice to know if there is any example or usage code illustrating
  use of SequenceFile and MapFile.

  Thanks a lot!

  Regards:
  jp