List:       hadoop-dev
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0
From:       Allen Wittenauer <aw () effectivemachines ! com>
Date:       2017-11-30 16:32:50

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 1:07 AM, Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > . If ATSv1 isn't replaced by ATSv2, then why is it marked deprecated?
> Ideally it should not be. Can you point out where it is marked as deprecated? If it \
> is in historyserver daemon start, that change made very long back when timeline \
> server added.

Ahh, I see where all the problems lie.  No one is paying attention to the deprecation \
message because it's kind of oddly worded:

* It really means "don't use ‘yarn historyserver' use ‘yarn timelineserver' "
* ‘yarn historyserver' was removed from the documentation in 2.7.0
* ‘yarn historyserver' doesn't appear in the yarn usage output
* ‘yarn timelineserver' runs the exact same class

There's no reason for ‘yarn historyserver' to exist in 3.x.  Just run ‘yarn \
                timelineserver' instead.