List:       hadoop-dev
Subject:    Some Questions about the Windows Build
From:       Allen Wittenauer <aw () effectivemachines ! com>
Date:       2017-07-27 2:45:00

I've noticed that in almost all of the (official) documentation, it's =
written that in order to build on Windows the maven command should be =
some form of:

mvn package -Pdist,native-win -DskipTests

The one constant is that the native-win profile is always listed.  =
What's interesting is that native-win is automatically turned on =
regardless of that flag due to how the pom.xml is written. (You can =
really only have one property in the activator part of the pom.  So if =
you are on a Windows box...congrats, you're building native code.)

	 Is this a bug?  Do we really always want native-win turned on?  =
We don't on any other platform.

Thanks.