List:       hadoop-dev
Subject:    Re: After NameNode restarts, Can not read a file until Datanodes
From:       Konstantin Shvachko <shv () yahoo-inc ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 18:52:19

Hi  심탁길

If you restart the name-node only, the data-nodes will continue sending
block reports to the name-node
once in an hour, which is the default block-report interval. That means
all blocks will be reported to the
name-node sooner or later. But you want that sooner of course.
IMO we should request block reports when the name-node restarts.
For now I recommend to wait 10 minutes between shutdown and restart.
Then all data-nodes
will expire and the name-node will ask them to send block reports asap.
This works with the
trunk version. HADOOP-641 is scheduled for 0.8.0.

Константин