List:       gump
Subject:    Installed git 2.0 on vmgump
From:       Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
Date:       2014-05-29 8:50:07

Hi all

Ant has moved from svn to git and the git installed on vmgump
(1.7.something, whatever comes with Ubuntu 10.04) cannot deal with the
ASF's git installation, it runs into a 405 status code so I assume
something has changed in the git HTTP binding over tha past four years
:-)

I've just built git 2.0.0 locally and checked I could clone the Ant
repository, we'll see in the next run whether it works OK.  It might
cause hickups with the existing git clones, we'll see.

Stefan