List:       gump
Subject:    Re: Last Gump runs were using libgcj
From:       "Adam R. B. Jack" <ajack () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-04-26 14:28:46

> The problem must have been some apt-get installation that added a
> symlink to gij into /usr/bin/java.  Obviously Gump still doesn't use
> $JAVA_HOME.

Much as my read of the code would hope to differ, my read of the log say
that Gump (despite efforts) isn't defaulting to $JAVA_HOME/bin/java, but
still using java. See Properties and Annotations here:

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/index.html

Ok, much as I hate fixing something I don't understand as broken, I've move
this code to be with the rest (that seems to work).

            # Default to $JAVA_HOME/bin/java, can be overridden with
$JAVA_CMD.
            if os.environ.has_key('JAVA_HOME'):
                self.javaCommand  =
os.path.join(os.environ['JAVA_HOME'],'bin',self.javaCommand)
                self.addInfo('javaCommand set to $JAVA_HOME/bin/java = ' +
self.javaCommand )

I'll check out the output from the next new run.

Gak, hold one .. commit to trunk, run from live ... I wonder if this was
working, we've just not 'release' recently. Hmm, I wonder if we ought be
running an 'svn info' as part of the start-up of the run, to see what we are
working with (and from where).

regards,

Adam