List:       gump
Subject:    Re: ant-dist and ant-testutil
From:       Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-04-28 6:42:18

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Adam Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Would it be a problem to add a simple project to the ant gump
> descriptor to allow a project that calls the test-jar target but
> without the ant-dist dependency, purely for folks who need that
> piece alone?

It may be a tad bit more complex than that since Ant's regexp
testsuite is included in the jar.  I'll try to move dependencies
around a little to see where we end up.

> If a full build was occuring I assume a later ant-test (with full
> dependencies) would over-write the jar.

Fortunately it would not.  If it did, you'd get file sharing
exceptions (at least on Windows) since the jar is on the CLASSPATH and
most JVMs don't like it if you change a jar on the CLASSPATH either.

Ant's test target does not create the jar, it would only compile some
additional classes and the tests get run against the testcases <work>
entry.

Stefan