List:       gump
Subject:    SF.net viewcvs.py returns HTML not XML
From:       "Adam R. B. Jack" <ajack () trysybase ! com>
Date:       2003-09-29 13:03:29

Whilst setting up a new Gumpy I ran into problems where the SF.net viewcvs
seems to randomly return HTML not XML. (Clearly this affects us for the XML
project descriptors folks have placed there.) I believe viewcvs attempts to
show HTML to humans, but return the raw data to programs. Just an FYI in
case some thing start going odd on people.

[BTW: Gumpy was caching things locally and then never re-checking, I've
fixed that. I also make Gumpy set a user agent now, in case that makes a
difference, but is good practice anyway.]

FWIIW: I've logged a problem w/ SF.net.

regards

Adam