List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [gtkmm] Gtk::Widget::hide() does not hide the 2nd time
From:       Tobias Peters <t-peters () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-08-18 12:04:42

> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:57:08 -0400
> From: Pierre Sarrazin

> Anyway, replacing `win.show()'
> by licenseWin->show_all() solves the problem.  Thanks.

There is no need for show_all() the second time, calling
licenseWin->show() is sufficient.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is also no need for the
raise call on the Gdk_Window in this situation. You would call raise on a
Gdk_Window that is still on the screen but probably hidden by other
windows. If you explicitly called hide() before on that window, then
show() will place that window on top of all other windows. Of course, a
strange window manager might intercept this behaviour, but I don't know of
one that does.

> I just don't know why the problem appeared for one dialog, but not
> for some other one.  But that doesn't matter now.
Probably because something is handled differently.

Tobias