List:       gtkmm
Subject:    [gtkmm] dirty fix for my problem in earlier mail
From:       Karl Pitrich <pit () linuxaustria ! at>
Date:       2001-06-30 16:11:08

as, like usual, noone replied to my problem, and before posting i read all
 list archives,
i managed to use several gal (gnome app. lib.) widgets
with normal gtk signals by a real dirty hack like this:

global signal handler function, connected
with  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (shortcut_bar), "item_selected",
          GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (on_shortcut_bar_item_selected),
          NULL);

Gtk::Main::idle.connect(slot(this,&testapp::idle_callback));

gint testapp::idle_callback() {
   cerr<<""; // i do not know why, but it wont work without it
   gtk_main_iteration_do(TRUE);
   return(1);
}

i tested-ok my program on serveral x86 and ppc linux system.

if someone can suggest a better soution how to wrap gtk signals
to libsigc ones, please tell me though.

cheers, Karl