List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [gtkmm] marshall.cc linker problem
From:       Murray Cumming <Murray_Cumming () BetaResearch ! de>
Date:       2001-06-29 15:32:48

Cédric Gustin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes I did build a dll of gtk-- and gdk-- using mingw32. I will release the
> distribution (along with libsigc++) as soon as I have fixed a
> mingw32-related problem. In the meantime, you can try to compile a static
> version of gdk-- and gtk-- by simply replacing the lines
>
> extern GtkSignal                *_gtk_private_signals;
> extern guint                     _gtk_private_n_signals;
>
> with
>
> extern __declspec(dllimport) GtkSignal                *_gtk_private_signals;
> extern __declspec(dllimport) guint
> _gtk_private_n_signals;
>
> those variables are defined in gtkprivate.c (in the gtk+ source code) and
> need to be dllimported if you want to access them.
>
> In order to compile gtk-- as a DLL, you have to tag a bunch of external
> variables with __declspec(dllimport) in the gtk-- and gdk-- source code. If
> you can wait till the end of the weekend, you'll be able to access a
> modified source code on my website.

Can't you just define a macro for this? Surely every class should use
this.

As I remember it, it's a little more complicated:
The macro should be dllexport when building the library, and dllimport
when including the header from client code. I guess that libsigc++ has
already done this.

A patch would be nice.

> Cedric

Murray Cumming