List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [gtkmm] spinbutton and drawing area
From:       Joe Yandle <jwy () divisionbyzero ! com>
Date:       2001-06-26 20:56:05

> Hi,

Hello.

>    I'm one of those few programmers who have started using gtkmm without
> knowing an inch of gtk+.

That's interesting... other than the problem you're having here,
have you found gtkmm easy to learn without knowning gtk+?  If not,
is there anything in particular you've encountered that you had
trouble understanding?

> The problem is that, whenever the drawing area is clear the spin button
> works properly. However, if something is written to the drawing area, the
> textbox of the spinbox is marred in a sort of hazy blue black color. Is this
> is expected ?

Not that I know of, though I have seen similar artifacts when using
the Aqua gtk+ theme on certain (i810) X servers.

If you want us to check it out, please distill your code into something
small (one source file) that shows the bug, and post the code
here.  If there is a bug, though, it's probably in the underlying gtk+
code.  I'd ask you to try recoding in pure gtk+ to test this, but since
you don't know gtk+ that might be a little difficult ;)

ciao,
--
Joe Yandle

If video games really affected kids, then we'd all be running around in
dark rooms, munching on pills, and listening to electronic music.