List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [Re: [gtkmm] New Gnome-- release? ]
From:       Karl Nelson <kenelson () ece ! ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-31 16:50:23

We are still dancing around the "real" problem which is how in
gtk-- are we going to find a item by name from C++.

The problem is that users pass in translated names with
things like
  _("File/Save")
so we can't even map the names properly.

insert_menus even goes so far as tu us the path name for the insertion,
but it the names get translated how the hell are we supposed to place this.

This is a fundimental flaw in the lower level.  We really shouldn't
be trying to solve it as gtk+ needs to fix it.

--Karl