List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [[gtkmm] Patch for canvas-item and canvas-line: AffineTrans & Point]
From:       Murray Cumming <murrayc () usa ! net>
Date:       2001-02-19 14:30:37

Agustín Ferrín Pozuelo <ferrin@arrakis.es> wrote:
>     Just compiled some interface for the Gnome::AffineTrans and
Gnome::Point
> classes.

Thanks for the patches. I have applied them, with some small changes:
- I put them in point.h and affinetrans.h to keep the code more organised.
- AffineTrans::apply() didn't seem to be implemented so I did so, which caused
me to also reimplement the internal data of Point as a C ArtPoint. Therefore I
added get/set accessors for the x and y values.
- I added copy constructors (and therefore operator=).

Please use the sourceforge Patch Manager in future and make your patches
against the cvs module by typing something like this:
cvs diff -u3 > somefix.patch

> Old canvas example still works (typedefed gpoint to Point).

I removed the typedef and changed the example.

> but I yet
> haven't tested the new functions (10 or so).
>     I'm making a small demo (tomorrow?) to see it rolling.

Please do. You should be able to get the CVS version anonymously after approx
24 hours. If not, then I'll send you a tarball.

> Notes:
> - little const use due to lack of constness in calls to c-functions ->
fired
> warnings.
> - What was that ArtPoint?
- See my comments above. It's in gnome-libs/libart_lgpl/art_point.h

> - Affine::string() Not implemented because it asks for inclusion of a new
> header (string).

Just include types.h. We already use string.

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com