List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [gtkmm] needs hints on running gtkmmproc
From:       Karl Nelson <kenelson () ece ! ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-29 3:01:27

> can someone point me to some docs or examples on how to run gtkmmproc
> to process .gen_h files that are outside of the main Gtk-- tree.
>
> i had this all figured out in 1.0.2 (as ugly as it was), and I need to
> do it again.

It should be a lot better then before.

  gtkmmproc -l  widget_name source_dir dest_dir

There should be a file called source_dir/widget_name.gen_h
and dest_dir/private

It produces
  dest_dir/private/widget_name_p.h
  dest_dir/widget_name.h
  dest_dir/widget_name.cc

To do work with it you can generate debugging info with

  gtkmmproc --debug --debug-genh -l  widget_name source_dir dest_dir

--debug leaves intermediate files for you to analyze.
--debug-genh places #line statements to help in fixing errors in
gen_h file.

> i note that once again, gtkmmproc is not installed, making its use
> rather difficult to arrange in libraries of Gtk-- widgets that are
> just wrappers for new GTK+ widgets ... comments ?

Actaully it is installed.  You can always access it through
  gtkmm-config --proc

which returns
  /usr/local/lib/gtkmm/proc/gtkmmproc

Any other problems?  Hope it helps.