List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Wrapping GHashTable, which approach?
From:       Robin Lee <robinlee.sysu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-11-29 3:04:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,
I am learning to wrap a GObject-based library with gmmproc and encounter a
signal callback that comes with an argument of type GHashTable. But there is
no wrapper for this type, so I am figuring out what to do next.

One straight approach is wrapping GHashTable like Glib::BalancedTree for
GTree.

But I also found that glibmm is following a trend that use std::vector in
API
instead of exposing wrappers of Glib data structures. So for GHashTable, we
may replace the argument with type std::unordered_map, and make a
HashTableHandler for the conversion.

Any ideas?

-robin