List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Disable a submenu via Gio::Action
From:       Yann Leydier <yann () leydier ! info>
Date:       2016-05-03 13:21:33

Hi,

in Gtkmm2 it was possible to create an action with no callback for
submenus. It allowed me do disable submenus.

In Gtkmm3, I wrote this:
                 "<interface>"
                 "    <menu id='MenuBar'>"
                 "        <submenu>"
                 "            <attribute name='label'
translatable='yes'>_File</attribute>"
                 "            <attribute
name='action'>app.file-menu</attribute>"
                 "            <section>"
                 "                <item>"
                 etc.

but when I disable the "file-menu" Gio::SimpleAction (and I do it after
the window is realized!), the submenu is not disabled. Did I do
something wrong or is it a regression in Gtk3? How can I do it?

Thanks a lot,
yann

PS: BTW, is it possible to add to the doc that
Gtk::Widget::insert_action_group() has no effect if the widget is not
realized?