List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: Why does Gtk::Image::set() not work with a Cairo::Surface?
From:       Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen () shikadi ! net>
Date:       2015-08-02 14:41:53

> The description of Cairo::ImageSurface,
> says "if you modify anything and later want to continue to draw to
> the surface with cairo, you must let cairo know via
> Cairo::Surface::mark_dirty()

Ohh, of course!  I thought it was unusual that it would use a format
like this instead of some native equivalent, but I didn't notice that
comment.

> I added
>    surface->mark_dirty();
> before
>    m_face_image.set(surface);
> and suddenly it works.

Yes you are right, doing this fixes the problem.  Thank you very much
for investigating this problem, even though it was my mistake and not a
gtkmm issue!  I am very grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Adam.