List:       gtkmm
Subject:    How to properly handle events on DrawingArea
From:       Mj Mendoza IV <mjmendoza () konsolscript ! org>
Date:       2011-09-09 15:22:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I have a DrawingArea which has to react on keypress, mouse moves an mouse clicks. \
Each event will have a graphical effect on the widget.

So far, the mouse move is synced with the rendering -- meaning, what I expected to be \
graphically present is drawn in DrawingArea.

Keypresses however is kind of not working. Assuming graphicsXYZ should be drawn when \
a keypress happens, the DrawingArea doesn't display it. I first have to mouse-over on \
the DrawingArea where the mousemove handler finally renders graphicsXYZ.

Second, how do force render DrawingArea... when I click a Button which is programmed \
to draw graphicsABC on a DrawingArea, same case as above, it won't render graphicsABC \
when I don't mouse-over on it.

Third, how do I remove the flickering? When I mousemove on DrawingArea (as if drawing \
a line or something), it flickers like crazy.

Btw, all the drawing I do is done with Cairo Context via \
get_window()->create_cairo_context().

Regards.

Mj Mendoza IV,
Developer, KonsolScript