List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: libsigc errors when using Glib::Threads
From:       =?windows-1252?Q?=22V=EDctor_M=2E_Palacio_T=E1rrega=22?=
Date:       2007-05-21 11:46:19

Niko Demmel escribió:
> On 18/05/2007 12:41, Víctor M. Palacio Tárrega wrote:
>
>> Where I can retrieve more documentation about multi-threaded Gtkmm apps?
>> The mentioned example has been the only piece of code that I could find
>> about this subject.
>>
>> This is a Glibmm question, but i don't mind at all to use any other
>> multi-thread method than Glib::Thread. For instance, Gtkmm FAQ mentions
>> the use of Glib::Dispatcher for multi-thread, but it is not documented
>> as well.
>>

> I don't know about your errors, but here are 3 more examples of glibmm
> threads and dispatcher usage:
>
> http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/docs/glibmm-2.4/examples/thread/
>
> Regards,
> Klaus

Thanks for the info, Klaus.

For documentation purpouse, I will explain the problem and the solution.

The Glib threads cannot be created with a instantiated object.

--wrong code--
AppManager appMgr();
    ···
    Glib::Thread *const uithread = Glib::Thread::create(
        sigc::mem_fun(appMgr, &NMRControl::AppManager::createUIManager),
true);
---

Replacing AppManager appMgr(); with AppManager appMgr; works fine.

---

--

/*/Víctor M. Palacio Tárrega/*/

c/ Alts Forns 36-44, 3º 1ª