List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: painting the DrawingArea
From:       Rob Benton <rob.benton () conwaycorp ! net>
Date:       2006-03-07 22:35:53

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 17:57 +0000, eduardo fiss beloni wrote:
>
>>hello people
>>
>>I must draw white points in a black foreground, but
>>I'm drawing white points in the right places and black
>>points elsewere.
>>
>>can I paint black the Gtk::DrawingArea derived object
>>to make it keeps black "forever" that I don't need to
>>paint it black anymore??? That is: set the
>>Gtk::DrawingArea derived color to black.
>

> put simply, you can't.

Every time the expose event gets called on your Gtk::DrawingArea you'll
need to repaint it.

Are you sure it's you're drawing code that's slowing you down?  I'm
finishing up a project where I have used a LOT of Gtk::DrawingArea
widgets and I haven't run into any performance issues with it on my pc
which is

AMD T-bird 1.2Ghz
768 DDR 2100