List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: Gdk::Window::add_filter() or gdk_window_add_filter() examples
From:       Igor Gorbounov <igorbounov () topazelectro ! ru>
Date:       2005-12-22 9:09:36

Murray Cumming wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 08:04 +0300, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
>

>>Hi, All!
>>I need any hints about using Gdk::Window::add_filter(GdkFilterFunc
>>function, gpointer data) or
>>gdk_window_add_filter(...), in particular what this filter function
>>looks like and how those
>>gpointer data are made.
>>    Igor Gorbounov
>>

>The data is some "state" information (such as a pointer to a C++ class
>instance) that will be passed to the callback function.
>
>This hasn't been wrapped as a sigc::slot<>, probably because I couldn't
>see when it would be useful. [...]
The situation is such that I use a winapi mplayer and pass to it a
gdk_window handle,
and next, when that player stops it sends an awfull winapi message in
some crazy
winapi way, and I've almost broke my brains in an effort to get this
message.
This add_filter method was designed to catch those messages, but how -
no one
has wrote an example. As far as I could find in Google, Tor Lillquist
had added this
filter in about gtk+ 2.2.x.
    Igor Gorbounov