List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: making menuitems insensitive by app context
From:       Rob Benton <rob.benton () conwaycorp ! net>
Date:       2005-09-22 0:19:50

Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 19:34 -0500, Rob Benton wrote:
>
>>Bob Caryl wrote:

> This is what Gtk::Actions (see Gtk::UIManager) make easy.

So what would be the functional difference between:

A.  Using glade to design the menus and then using libglademm to get
them at run-time with get_widget()

B.  Building the menus using UIManager at run-time and getting pointers
to them with get_action()

Am I overlooking something about the UIManager?