List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!
From:       Cedric Gustin <cedric.gustin () swing ! be>
Date:       2004-04-29 7:29:00

At 10:05 PM 4/28/2004, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > The packages aren't "official" Cygwin packages,
>
>But Maya said that she got them with the Cygwin setup. Clearly there is
>some confusion here.
>
>As usual, people should not waste their time with inofficial 3rd-party
>packages.

... at least as long as the corresponding patches have not been applied to
CVS. Concerning gtkmm on cygwin, I think people interested in this port
should first concentrate on glib and gtk+-2.4 and have a working version of
these libraries for cygwin (with changes applied to the corresponding CVS
heads) before turning their attention to gtkmm.

I personaly don't have the time and motivation for these ports of gtk+ and
gtkmm on cygwin (GPL ports on cygwin vs LGPL native ports with
mingw32/MSVC) but I can help on autotools issues if necessary.

Cedric