List:       gtkmm
Subject:    [gtkmm] Newbie question on Gnome::UI::Info
From:       Vladislav Grinchenko <vladg () erols ! com>
Date:       2002-01-28 4:50:47

Hi,

I am trying to set the state of one of the toolbar menu items
to INSENSITIVE/NORMAL, but cannot get to the item itself:

using namespace Gnome::UI;
vector<Info> file_menu;
{
	using namespace Gnome::MenuItems;
	file_menu.push_back (Open   (slot (this, &MainWindow::open_cb)));

	// Here I want to set Open on INSENSITIVE, but there is not
	// access to the widget.
	Gtk::Widget* w = file_menu.back ().widget;  // Won't compile
	w->set_state (GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE);

}

... later ...

w->set_state (GTK_STATE_NORMAL);

The problem seems to be that struct GnomeUIInfo has GtkWidget* widget
member, but Gnome::UI::Info is derived from protected GnomeUIInfo which
make GnomeUIInfo::widget private. Is there any way to control
the toolbar menu item sensitivity?

My RH 7.2  system:

gtk+-1.2.10-11
gtkmm-1.2.3-11