List:       gtkmm
Subject:    Re: [[gtkmm] [1.2] Canvas*::{outline,fill}_stipple takes a Gdk_Pixmap]
From:       ERDI Gergo <cactus () cactus ! rulez ! org>
Date:       2001-12-27 20:45:52

On 27 Dec 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > Moreover, would it be OK to check in a patch to the stable branch to fix
> > this?
>
> Can you persuade me that this will not change the interface? Although it might
> be binary compatible, wouldn't the patched headers present a different
> interface than before? Can't you just work around this until libgnomecanvasmm
> is usable?

It's not compatible. But then again, the current API is broken, i.e. it is
unusable in its present form.

I don't feel strongly about it, using the C API in this case is very
trivial (Gdk_Bitmap->GdkBitmap, and create(foo)->gdk_bitmap_create(foo)
and you're all set).

I won't have bad feelings if we just forget about it.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001