List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    widget accessibility roles: being able to override it
From:       Samuel Thibault <sthibault () hypra ! fr>
Date:       2018-03-05 15:17:24

Hello,

Some dialog boxes use labels for static information, e.g. printer
status, replace result, etc.  For the screen reader to properly
understand that, it should have role ATK_ROLE_STATIC.  I have not found
any way in glade's .ui format to specify this, actually ROLE_STATIC does
not appear in gtk+3.0 source code, so I guess it's just not there.

I'm thinking we could have something like

<accessibility>
  <role type="static"/>
</accessibility>

to be able to specify e.g. labels' role?

Samuel