List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: Does GTK+ do automated/nightly performance regression testing?
From:       Christian Hergert <christian () hergert ! me>
Date:       2018-02-05 11:19:42

On 02/05/2018 02:49 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> GSK has a prototype of a profiling object that should be improved;
> Christian Hergert has worked on performance counters for sysprof and
> gnome-builder, so we should also look at that.

For Sysprof 3.28 we'll be installing a libsysprof-capture-2.a static
archive that you can use to write Sysprof binary capture files easily.
It supports user-defined counters in addition to call stacks.

We'd need some support in Sysprof's graphing code, but it might be nice
to display counters/marks along with callgraphs/cpu/etc.

-- Christian