List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: g_rename() problem on Windows (and suggested remedy)
From:       Tristan Van Berkom <tvb () gnome ! org>
Date:       2012-03-31 17:55:04

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM, John Emmas <johne53@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I made the changes that were needed to make g_rename() more consistent but they're \
> fairly extensive and would probably benefit from being reviewed by somebody else.  \
> Initial reports from our end though, seem to suggest that the renaming issue is \
> greatly improved (on Windows).
> But....  is this the best place to post about glib or is there a more appropriate \
> mailing list?

Hi,
   Yes this is the right mailing list to discuss glib development.

The appropriate thing to do next would be to create a patch against glib
git master, open a bug report in gnome bugzilla (if one does not exist
for the g_rename() issue yet, please try to search for an existing bug first)
and then attach your proposed patch there:
    https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glib

Best Regards,
     -Tristan