List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: Generic undo stack for GTK+
From:       Martin Nordholts <enselic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-17 5:13:24

On 06/16/2010 10:49 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> For instance, consider '+' = do and '-' = undo:
>
>   4   7
>   |  /
>   3 5
>   |/
>   2
>   1
>
> Would translate to: +1 -->  +2 -->  +3 -->  +4 -->  -4 -->  -3 -->  +5 -->  +7

It would be inconvenient to perform operations on that representation of
a tree though, like answering the question "how many different paths can
I take from 2?".

> That being said, I am over all skeptical about this API addition inasmuch
> as most applications need it in a different way

I'm also sceptical. There are too many different ways to implement Undo.
The generic solution would only represent one way, which doesn't make it
generic enough IMO.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: