List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: GTK+ web site
From:       "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-28 0:38:12

>excuse me if this wasn't intentional but I think your tone is
inappropriate here.

I didn't see anything wrong with my tone on my previous email! I don't
understand why you saw it as hostile!

>And you should also not try to play down
>the license issue which prevented anyone else from taking the webpage
over.

But I already said here that should gnomefiles ever go down again, the GTK
and/or Gnome project will HAVE the whole thing. What more can I tell you
other than that? I am not selling that code anymore, and I don't care who
has it and who owns it. It's just that currently osnews has a license for it
and they don't want the code available for fear of potential security holes.
I am into video now instead of software/journalism, and most of my videos
are Creative Commons -- I have nothing against sharing it under a very
liberal license.

>Stand by your mistakes instead of blaming others. If you took the
>webpage down and announced it, you could just as well have announced
your return.

As I explained in my previous email, it's osnews who takes care of it now
(OSNews' webmaster, Adam, has been working on it lately to fix a few
things), not myself. That's why I didn't announce anything after that. It
ain't really my responsibility anymore, but I know that should gnomefiles
gets out of the picture again, I can get you guys the code+data (I am
confident that the owner would support this -- the owner David, is an ex-Red
Hat employee, well doctrined into open source). It's just that I still care
about gnomefiles, but I am not really working on it anymore, that's why you
didn't see another blog post of mine about it.

> And if you are willing to share the source code freely,
>please remove any misleading hints about license costs.

I updated the code/ownership bit here:
http://www.gnomefiles.org/contact.php

So, what about that link? :-)

thanks,