On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 17:10 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote: > Hmm, i guess. But how can the fav server volume monitor iterate over all > mounts? It doesn't see other volume monitors. It would use the union monitor through the standard volume monitor API? > What would list_open_files() returns? A list of a new kind of GObject? Yeah, I think. > > Because, right now, it's a mess and every app (including the auto > > mounter) does their own thing. The result, as you can see from the > > screenshots, is that things not only look different, the names are > > different too. (and ideally, there would be a stock "select_media" > > dialog where you pass one or more x-content/* identifiers.) > > Sounds like a good reason. I'll try to iterate over the patch. Thanks for considering! > > Of course, it's fine if this is not a goal for gio but then volume > > monitor API of gio isn't really useful outside the file manager and the > > file chooser and should perhaps be private API instead. > > I just want to make sure we don't add something that apps can't use that > we have to support forever. We need to make sure all APIs are right, > sane and useful. I'm tired of maintaining big-bag-of-crap libraries... Yeah. I'll try to be preemptive and raise the idea of x-content/* on the xdg lists. That's one thing we want standardized... David _______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@gnome.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list