Hi; The new serialize/deserialize API for GtkTextBuffer looks to be very useful to accessibility among other things. I am currently using it to implement AtkStreamableContent, an interface which allows objects with streamable backing data (for instance images, HTML widgets, text containers...) to advertise that fact and stream the data to remote clients such as assistive technologies. However I am somewhat surprised to see in gtk-demo's Hypertext widget that, although there's a serialization format called "application/x-gtk-rich-text", there's no "text/plain". Of course serialization via plain text would not be lossless, but why isn't there a plain text serialization available for all GtkTextBuffer instances? We certainly need it for the accessibility case - otherwise we'll have to fake one in gail, necessitating multiple code paths or at least some odd concatenation of "text/plain" if it is not among those returned by gtk_text_buffer_get_serialize_formats... regards, Bill _______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@gnome.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list