List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: gtk+2.8.x and cairo (Owen Taylor)
From:       Bill Haneman <Bill.Haneman () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2005-12-19 17:49:09

OK, I understand that nobody wants to spend time fixing code that's only
exercised on obsolete hardware.  But it's worth remembering that one of
the key areas of interest/growth for Gnome is the low-cost and used
hardware community in the developing world, etc.  As long as we're still
pitching Gnome as a "less hungry alternative" to MS, we ought to be as
interested in old graphics cards as we are about memory footprint and
performance.

It's a trade-off.  For now, there's gtk+2.6, but I assume that Gnome
will depend more strongly on later gtk+ versions soon enough...

Bill