List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: Updated proposal for making the GtkFileChooser code asynchronous
From:       Bill Haneman <Bill.Haneman () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2005-12-09 17:47:06

One thing that isn't clear to me, from my admittedly superficial reading
of the proposals, is how the need to notify clients of changes to the
file chooser list will be implemented.

For accessibility, we will need to fire notifications via ATK of all
changes to the file chooser list.  This means we need GtkFileChooser
signals to connect to here in libgail.

I am a little concerned about the workability of this proposal from an
accessibility POV anyhow - mainly I am concerned about how to manage the
amount of 'chatter' caused by a continuously-growing list of objects.
The existing chooser can be considered a snapshot which only changes in
response to user actions, which is a more manageable problem.

regards

Bill