List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    HIG Dialog widget proposal
From:       Carlos Garnacho <garnacho () tuxerver ! net>
Date:       2004-04-17 18:54:29

Hi all,

I've developed a simple widget for doing HIG-style alert dialogs, it has
replaced all GtkMessageDialogs in the GNOME System Tools and a has a
quite simple API:

GtkWidget* gst_hig_dialog_new (GtkWindow         *parent,
             GtkDialogFlags     flags,
             GstHigMessageType  type,
             const gchar       *primary_text,
             const gchar       *secondary_text,
             const gchar       *first_button_text,
             ...) G_GNUC_PRINTF (6, 7);

void gst_hig_dialog_set_primary_text (GstHigDialog *dialog,
             const gchar  *message_format,
             ...) G_GNUC_PRINTF (2, 3);
                                                                                      \
 void gst_hig_dialog_set_secondary_text (GstHigDialog *dialog,
             const gchar  *message_format,
             ...) G_GNUC_PRINTF (2, 3);
                                                                                      \
 void gst_hig_dialog_set_extra_widget (GstHigDialog *dialog,
             GtkWidget    *extra_widget);

you may look at the code at:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-system-tools/src/common/gst-hig-dialog.h?view=markup
 http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-system-tools/src/common/gst-hig-dialog.c?view=markup

now, the question is: could be there some plans to include a HIG alert
widget for gtk+2.6? if so, could it be worth to include this widget in
libegg for testing? I obviously offer to maintain and improve it with
all the suggestions

	Regards