List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Resizing GdkPixmap Images
From:       Al Morgan <mann2 () qwest ! net>
Date:       2001-03-26 11:55:24

I want to be able to resize, and if possible, rotate images stored in a
GdkPixmap.  Are there any functions to do this?  Also, (this could apply
if no functions exist, and I have to write them myself), how are the
images stored in a GdkPixmap struct?

I'm writing a map editor or sorts, and I need to do this to accomplish
various zoom levels, and not having to have a differnt image stored for
every zoom level.

Concerning this: what would be the best way to store and display a map?
Let's say the entire map would take up a 10,000 x 10,000 pixel area.
Would it be best to parse it all beforehand, and just put the huge
canvas into a scrolled window?  Or would it be better to have a smaller
canvas, and draw onto it just the section of the map that is being
displayed?

Thanks.

   Al Morgan [ mann2@qwest.net ]

p.s. (moderator: my other message got sent from the wrong account.
ignore it.)