List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: GTK book
From:       Kent Schumacher <kent () structural-wood ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 12:04:07

Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Rob Nelson wrote:
>
> > Two things. One, did I get a bum deal, or do all copies of this book
> > have a crappy spine?
>
> > Two, any more complex GTK books out there? Or is it just hackers
> > paradise to learn in?
>
> Since he's obviously too polite, I'll plug Havoc's new book.  Amazon
> has just marked it "available" and are promising to get a copy to me
> in 4-6 weeks, apparently.
>
> I don't know if it's any good, but given its pedigree, I suspect it'll
> be a great book.
>
> Matthew.

I ordered it friday, got it last night (monday).   I've only made it through
the glib section but it looks well written so far.  (I don't even know what
the title is - in my mind it is 'The Havoc book').

I'm not surprised at the quality since I've frequently been helped on this
list by Havoc and have always appreciated the clarity of his writing.

Woo Hoo, way to go Havoc!