List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: Incorporating XPM data into the program itself...
From:       Arnaud Charlet <charlet () ACT-Europe ! FR>
Date:       1999-07-28 23:23:57

> I don't know if there exists a tool from C to Ada code, since the XPM format
> is plain good ol' C code that can be #include'd directly in C programs.

This is indeed one possibility.
Writing a tool that converts C to Ada for XPM files should be trivial,
actually I wrote such a tool years ago.

We (the GtkAda authors) will probably include such a tool in a future
version of GtkAda.

> Perhaps you could do the trick by linking to your Ada code a C module that
> merely issues the proper #include statements.  SinceI don't know how Ada can
> be linked to C and vice versa I can help no more, but I'm sure it can be
> done -- even Fortran can be linked to C, why not Ada :)

Even better, Ada 95 is one of the best language when you need to interface
with foreign languages, so this is indeed trivial.

Arno