List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: how to emit a GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY event?
From:       John R Sheets <dusk () ravendusk ! org>
Date:       1999-07-13 17:31:20

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> i have connected a signal handler to an gnome_canvas_item like this:
>
>   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(item),
>                      "event",
>                      (GtkSignalFunc)item_event,
>                      NULL);
>
> the function prototype of item_event is the following:
>
>   gint item_event(GnomeCanvasItem *item, GdkEvent *event, gpointer
> data);
>
> now i want my programm to emit the GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY event, so the code
> in my
> event handler gets called.

Are you sure this is what you want to do?  Your program shouldn't
need to artificially manufacture the motion notify event.  When
you move the mouse across your application window, GDK (through
X) will generate this event for you.  Your application only has
to watch for it (via a callback).  Don't worry about triggering
the event.  Just worry about catching it.

John